When you are knocking down walls, or replacing old studs in your home, there may be a risk to you and your family. Electrical lines and leads run through your walls and sometimes it isn’t easy to find out where they are until you can see them or you’re electrocuted. Furthermore, Electrical Safety risks are often overlooked by amateur renovators and self-proclaimed builders.
So make sure anything to do with your electricity is safe, get your local electrician Hans Electrical to check over your electricity. Hans Electrical provide great service in installation, maintenance and safety checks. They know that older homes have a higher risk of electrical safety breaches and will keep you safe from what could be a great shock. Be safer with the Hans Electrical team today.
We can advise and install the correct surge protection solution for your home.
Testing and Tagging
Most workplaces have electrical equipment in use that has never been checked.
Education Queensland and Councils have very high standards for contractors carrying out work for them. If you are a contractor, you must be prepared to adhere to these standards.
Other ways to minimise the risks are:
- Avoid running over power cords with vehicles (including forklifts),
- Visually inspect and test electrical equipment on a regular basis,
- Use splash/waterproof electrical equipment in wet conditions,
- Use power boards not double adaptors,
- Operate and store electrical equipment away from damp/wet areas, and
- Keep leads away from heat, oil and chemicals to prevent damage.
Hans Electrical Service Areas:
Bribie Island, Sandstone Point, Ningi, Beachmere, Caboolture, Morayfield, Narangba, Deception Bay, North Lakes, Redcliffe and surrounds.